Education and Public Outreach
Some of the files located below require Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free. To download the software, please visit the Adobe Website.
M3 Publications From The Science Team
- New Asteroids, Comets, Meteors (2008) [PDF]
- New Moon Mineralogy Mapper (M3) on Chandrayaan-1 [PDF]
- New Chandrayaan-1 Overview Papers [Link]
- Imaging spectroscopy: Earth and planetary
remote sensing with the USGS Tetracorder and expert systems [PDF]
by Roger N. Clark, Gregg A. Swayze, K. Eric Livo, Raymond F. Kokaly, Steve J. Sutley, J. Brad Dalton, Robert R. McDougal, and Carol A. Gent | Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 108, No. E12, 5131
- 2008: Lunar Rock and Mineral Characterization Consortium: Links to Global Science and Exploration [PDF]
Pieters, et al.
- Calibration, Shipment and Initial Spacecraft Integation of the Moon Mineralogy Mapper (M3) Imaging Spectrometer for the Chandrayaan-1 Mission [PDF]
R.O. Green et al.
Related Articles and Reports
- The Scientific Context for Exploration of the
Moon: Interim Report [PDF]
by the Committee on the Scientific Context for Exploration of the Moon, National Research Council
- U.S. instruments on India's lunar orbiter could
pinpoint future lunar base locations [DOC]
by Frank Morring, Jr. | Aviation Week & Space Technology 03/20/2006, page 55
- New pacts will simplify launches of U.S.
spacecraft from India [DOC]
by Neelam Mathews (New Delhi), Michael A. Taverna (Paris), Frank Morring, Jr. (Washington) | Aviation Week & Space Technology 03/13/2006, page 26
- JPL to map the moon on India mission [PDF]
Jet Propulsion Laboratory Universe Newsletter, Volume 36 Number 10, May 18, 2006